Dedicated to Women's Health
Patients of Dr. Marlow learn within the first minute of meeting him that they are in very capable hands. On top of being a talented surgeon, he is fondly respected by his patients for the gentle and respectful attention he provides through their care. He maintains a professional and caring bedside manner that puts his patients' and their families' minds at ease.
Widely recognized as one of the nation's leading gynecologist and educator, Dr. Marlow has pioneered numerous technologies for the improvement of women's health including laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, colposcopy and laser surgery. He has held numerous leadership positions including President of the AAGL (the first and largest organization in the world, dedicated to the advancement of gynecologic endoscopic surgery. Currently, he is the head of continuing education at Sibley hospital.
Dr. Marlow's practice is focused on gynecology and pelvic surgery:
- Comprehensive gynecologic examinations, including menopause and osteoporosis
- Management of excessive and abnormal bleeding
- Advanced operative laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery
- Reconstructive vaginal surgery
- Hysterectomy, including vaginal, abdominal, laparoscopic assisted, supracervical
- Alternatives to hysterectomy, including myomectomy
- Endometrial ablation
- Microsurgery reversal of tubal sterilization
- Infertility surgery
- Digital colposcopy
- Cone biopsy for resolution of abnormal pap smears and HPV testing
- Follow-up of DES exposed patients
- Treatment of endometriosis, fibroids and pelvic pain
His expert understanding of the human body and current best practices help him give the best care possible: "the emphasis today is on minimal - minimally invasive surgery, minimal cost, minimal hospital stay, minimal time to return to full activities." [quote from Dr Marlow]
Dr. Marlow's staff provides a pleasant and professional atmosphere to provide the best medical care available today. The care is individualized to meet patients' specific needs and to use the state of the art medical technology to ensure the accurate diagnosis and effective treatment.